Re: 2.2.9 crash.....again

Rani Assaf (rani@paname.org)
13 Jun 1999 08:33:52 GMT

'lo,

On 13 Jun 1999 04:43:55 +0200, Brian <signal@shreve.net> wrote:
> We have alot of production machines here, all running RH5.2 and 2.2.9
> kernel. For some reason, our primary and secondary nameservers keep
> crashing all of the sudden. The kernel has been on them since the day it

Same problems here on both nameservers (they are just cache servers).
Even though I've limited bind to use 60Mb of memory to prevent any
swapping, the machines still oopses the same way.

Those machines handle smtp delivery to the outside world too if that
matters...

Kernel is 2.2.9-ac3 (I think) with icmp DoS patch applied.. Debian
with glibc 2.1 (potato)

Rani