Re: aic7xxx (was Re: 2.3.6 (mmap fails))

dledford@redhat.com
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 02:04:39 -0400

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, German Jose Gomez Garcia wrote:
> > One more thing, the new 2.3.6 seems to incorporate the new aic7xxx
> > 5.1.17 driver, I have no oportunity to test it but it's strange that
> > during boot it reports that it downloads 374 instructions when with 5.1.10
> > (and with all the previous versions since it works with my AIC-7890) it
> > downloaded 409, is this normal??
>
> In the announcement from Doug Ledford he says the new version of the
> driver uses new sequencer code from FreeBSD driver, so presumeably this
> would account for the difference.

Not entirely accurate. The new version looked at new sequencer code from BSD,
then I made my own sequencer. At this point, I have significantly departed
from the FreeBSD sequencer and am now maintaining it myself along with the
kernel code.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but