Re: 2 oopses with SMP 2.3.6

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 12:13:24 +1000

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 09:46:22 -0400,
Matthew Harrell <mharrell@sito.saic.com> wrote:
>I've attached two oopses below. I'm pretty sure I used ksymoops correctly -
>it's changed behaviour since I last did it.

Try ftp://ftp.ocs.com.au/pub/ksymoops/ksymoops-0.7b.tar.gz. It handles
SMP correctly and has better module handling, especially if you install
the syslog and modutils patches from the same directory.

I have given up trying to get the kernel version updated, other people
have patched it and introduced bugs but my fixes are ignored - and I
wrote it! As far as I am concerned the kernel version is buggy and not
supported.