Re: raw device version 270599 from Stephen Tweedy

Phil Blecker (tmwg@inxservices.com)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:42:49 -0700

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 05:28:19PM +0300, Ruhmann Marcus (NTC/Dus) wrote:
> Oracle8 or Sybase 11.
> Is there anybody who got that to work??? Please reply then. Thanx.

I've been running it for 2 weeks with Exodus without a single problem,
as far as I know (one week with a test data base, one week on the
production data base as well as the test). I've had one wierd thing happen
starting yesterday, but I haven't found out what is causing it yet, and
have no reason right now to suspect the raw devices. I don't know if you
wanted a general answer, or just one for those 2 data bases specifically.
But I've been meaning to let Stephen know some time soon, anyway.