Re: Why I run FreeBSD - SunOS, Solaris, Linux? No, thanks!

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:36:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, David Luyer wrote:
>
> > Any reason we needed to see this 3 times, when it is completely irrelevant and
> > mostly someone relatively uninformed slamming Sun because they (the person, not
> > Sun) are too lazy to set up a system properly?
>
> david,
>
> i forwarded the mentioned article only once to the malaysian opensource
> mailing list. i was not responsible for you receiving three copies of it,
> neither do i think i am on any mailing list you are on too. kindly check
> your facts before jumping to conclusions.

Then you'ld better check what and where went FUBAR - posting had hit
linux-kernel. 3 times. And if there is a bogus gateway between your list
and l-k it had apppeared right now. Only for your posting. *And* added
Newsgroups: linux.bastards to headers. Methink somebody tries to get you
mailbombed. If you need headers I can mail them to you. It looks like it
went from 202.188.183.200 through 202.188.95.14 and copies had obviously
bogus (and varying) stuff in headers. IMHO you'ld better warn your ISP -
next forgery may be more effective.
Good luck,
Al