Re: 2.2.9-ac1..3 breaks sound

Michael Surenbrock (misu@basis.gun.de)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 05:35:13 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9906091552310.3423-100000@localhost.localdomain>,
Chris Noe wrote:
>> There's a small klick twice a second depending on the
>> selected sound-frequency. So I had a look in the patches and found this
>> bit of code beeing resposible for the damage:
>Are you positive that its the ac* patches that are causing it? I have been
>getting those same effects (click twice a second approx) all throughout
>2.2. I have been able to work around it by simply unloading and reloading
>the sound modules before launching quake; I've just always assumed it was
>a bugger in quake, since it was the only program giving me any troubles.

I've never had any probs of this kind. It started in 2.2.9-ac1 here and
I found the named patch responsible for that. The patch is not included
in 2.2.9-ac4 anymore and everything sounds well again. I use OSS and have
a SB 32pnp, by the way. As mentioned, no problems before or after the
2.2.9-ac1..3

miSu

--

/ Michael Surenbrock / m.surenbrock@infocity.de / misu@basis.gun.de