Re: [Masq-dev] Use daddr and dport as hash keys for faster masq redirector!

John D. Hardin (jhardin@wolfenet.com)
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Julian Anastasov wrote:

> searching in ip_masq_m_tab and ip_masq_s_tab where we must remove 1
> entry from 130000 => we must compare data for 65000 average per
> second (expect newly created connections in top of list followed by
> old connections, i.e. 65000-130000).

Would making the masq lists doubly-linked be too hideous to
contemplate? It would eliminate searching the list in
ip_masq_unhash(), and there's minimal impact on ip_masq_hash() if it
always inserts at the head of the list.

> - remove entry (slow - search 65000 entries)

Unhash for masq_expire() doesn't need to be fast since nothing is
waiting for it to complete, but ip_masq_unhash() gets called from
a few places in packet processing as well, so making it faster would
be a good thing.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ                               jhardin@wolfenet.com
 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5