Re: Printer and Zip drive don't work together.

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 21 May 1999 06:34:01 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

> :: 4. With the Zip drive still in, load the ppa module. Find out if printing
> :: works. If it did before, and doesn't now, it's a parport/ppa interaction.
>
> Loaded the ppa module. Now have ppa, lp, parport, and parport_pc
> loaded. Tried to print a couple of test pages. Nothing doing. Stopped
> cold.

Okay. Now can you show me the kernel messages (dmesg) that ppa spits out
when it loads? I need to know the mode it's using to talk to the Zip
drive.

Also:

- what mode is your parallel port set to in the BIOS?
- what kernel messages does parport_pc give when it loads?

Thanks,
Tim.
*/