Annoying GPL issues

Y2K (gaston.l.@usa.net)
19 May 99 13:25:29 MDT

What do you think about this ? I think it is dangerous to let some companies
such as M-Systems or IGEL infringing the GPL.

[M-systems provides binary only Linux drivers which are statically linked to
the kernel (because there are needed to boot). They simulate a block device
with flash memory ("disk-on-chip") using proprietary and patented algorithms.
At least one company (IGEL) is using them in commercial Linux based products.]