Re: Printer and Zip drive don't work together.

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 20 May 1999 19:10:23 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Steffen Kluge wrote:

> can access the CDROM or the printer, but not simultaneously. If
> I access the CDROM while printing, for example, the printer
> immediately stops.

Doesn't it continue afterwards? That indicates something wrong in the
backpack driver, I think. This kind of problem can be diagnosed a little
easier if you have a play with the different BIOS settings for the
parallel port mode.

> I'm just relating this as anecdotal evidence that the
> pass-through code is not entirely broken.

I use the Zip pass-through port all the time to print.

> I'm about to re-subscribe to the parport mailing list, but how
> many mailing lists can one subscribe to before losing total
> control of incoming e-mail?

The linux-parport mailing list is archived, if that helps. Check out
<URL:http://www.torque.net/parport>.

Tim.
*/