Re: Capabilities done right [diff against 2.3.1]

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 16 May 1999 11:33:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Only other executables are a.out (nobody uses them these days) and
> scripts. But take a look: we do not honour setuid bit on scripts,
> anyway!

I know. But that's not a feature - it's a misfeature forced upon us by the
fact that "sh" was never very good at understanding security issues.

Let's not use a misfeature as an argument against doing things right.

Linus