Re: Please test: New TGA Framebuffer Driver

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 16 May 1999 19:14:31 +0100 (GMT)

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Martin Lucina wrote:

> - 8bpp is apparently (so please test it anyway) broken. Please test it anyway
> in case it's just Tom's setup. I don't have access to an 8bpp machine
> (pending getting a car and transporting one from a friends garage) so this
> will likely have to wait until Tom finds time to track the bug down or I
> find it without actually testing on an 8bpp card.

It is indeed broken. I've had a look at this today. What's happening is
that the weird loop in tgafb.c:tgafb_set_pll is getting stuck.
tgafb_set_pll is called with 0 as the argument -- perhaps that's the
problem? I can't see where pixclock or pll_freq get set up.

Tim.
*/