Re: wishlist for 2.3.x

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
15 May 1999 20:09:00 +0200

Nathan Hand <nathanh@wookie.chirp.com.au> writes:
> Richard's devfs patch is
> far more interesting: it got (one) positive response from Linus, but
> lots of negative responses from other key developers. I'd like devfs
> to be officially included too, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I may not be a key developer, but since nobody forces anybody to turn
CONFIG_DEVFS_or_whatever on in the first place, and some people could
really use the thing (for a variety of reasons), I'd really want to see the
thing.

My personal Number One on the wish list is a SANE driver for (...and here's
the kernel part...) my USB scanner.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/