knfsd directory sharing... (was Linux & NFS caching)

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Fri, 14 May 1999 12:55:02 +0200 (CEST)

> Trond: how difficult would it be add this feature to the
> current knfsd? it would be really useful in certain
> situations, eg exporting a single /etc directory to multiple
> clients. Or for example i have two seperate /usr/lib/sane
> exports, one for the net clients, and one for the sane
> server. They need different symlinks. I could avoid a lot of
> duplication with a feature like that.

> (also i could edit sendmail.cf once and have it apply to all
> the 'dumb' 'forward to site server' sendmail client setups.)

I'm not really the one to answer that one. G.Allen Morris
(gam3@acm.com) is the one doing knfsd: I only have to worry about NFS
client stuff. My guess is that it will have to wait until we do the
re-exporting thing properly (at the moment the latter works, but
imperfectly at best).

Cheers,
Trond