Re: [Godwin] Re: Kernel Nazis/LinBSD (was Re: Slashdot shitheads)

kernel@draper.net
Thu, 13 May 1999 11:03:22 -0500

Alexander...

Chill, sheesh. My point is that we would all do well to keep our
arrogance in check. I shall choose my analogies more carefully
in the future.

Reed,

P.S. Yup, I do believe in Open Source, and that NOT alienating others is
a righteous goal, not political drivel.

Yup, FWIW, I do have a copies of FreeBSD (and OpenBSD) running here.
Nevertheless I am not a fan of the Cathedral development model.
That does not mean that *BSD is a dirty word. It indicates
only that *BSD is constrained by Cathedral thinking, IMHO.

Yup, I do think that Linux is becoming worthy of world domination.
Maybe we can agree that will happen only as Linux progresses
as a truly great OS.

Yup, I am becoming increasingly familiar with some areas of the kernel,
including VFS, but surely not to the extent you are. I suppose
my work must proceed without your mentoring, as your bigotry
precludes those who frequent SlashDot. My minor little
contributions to the kernel are hardly worthy of mention anyways.
Oh well, sigh.

and lastly... my thought for the day...

I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time.
To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and
dissipating.... Henry David Thoreau