Re: >1024 descriptors in 2.2.8

Brian (signal@shreve.net)
Thu, 13 May 1999 18:24:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 14 May 1999, CaT wrote:

> Brian wrote the following:
> >
> > What is the best solution for those that need more than 1024 file
> > descriptors on 2.2.8? Is their a patch set?
>
> I believe an ac patch would do this for you. Should be in the
> people/alan dir on any kernel mirror (or somewhere like that).

Thanks, I am assuming the ac4 patch for 2.2.7 is what I want. Do I need
to cat anything into /proc or are the file descriptor limits just set by
ulimit? I guess what I am trying to get at, is once I patch with ac4, is
their anything I have to do to set the high watermark for file
descriptors.

Thanks for the help,

Brian