Re: 2.2.8pre6, can't run ZMAGIC binaries

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
12 May 1999 22:26:53 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.3.95.990512082305.2011D-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>,
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:

>Reading them into anonymous memory has the disadvantage that you lose the
>ability to share pages, but as basically nobody should be using the old
>original a.out 1kB format anyway,

I've got 209 zmagic binaries[1] on my main machine, which I am
planning on rolling up to 2.2.x sooner or later. Having things
like yellow pages, telnet, ftp, and trn go south would be a
moderately unpleasant experience, though the machine probably
wouldn't get the the point where I'd notice, since libc 4.8.0
on pell is a ZMAGIC shared library.

____
david parsons \bi/ I've a certain sentimental attachment to the
\/ tattered remains of my single SLS system.