Re: Weird PCI problem

Linux Lists (lists@cyclades.com)
Wed, 12 May 1999 10:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Martin Mares wrote:

> > Using Cyctest, a diagnostics software from Cyclades.
> > In NT, it was tested using the NT driver.
> >
> > Interestingly enough, the NT Diagnostics indicates that the _same_
> > resource Linux tries to allocate (i.e., f9e00000-f9efffff) are being
> > allocated by NT, just in the right way.
>
> It's quite possible both the DOS diag program and the NT driver
> completely ignore the region type bit.

Well, even if I try to ignore this bit in Linux, I can't access that
memory area.

I've tried changing cyzload (a userspace program that loads the
Cyclades-Z FPGA and its firmware by accessing its memory-mapped space) to
read the address in "I/O at" instead of in "memory at" from /proc/pci (as
this address already has the bit 0 masked, and it's supposely the correct
one, as NT allocates the same address), but I'm still _NOT_ able to write
to that memory area (I get an error on the program saying that it was not
able to configure the Cyclades-Ze FPGA).

> If it turns out it's a real hardware bug, I can add it to the work-around
> table in the kernel to trick the kernel that it's really a memory region ;)

In the light of the aforementioned fact, I don't this would help.

Do you have any other suggestions ?! I'm starting to run out of options
... :(

Regards,
Ivan