Re: Clear reboot?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 12 May 1999 07:25:29 +0100

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 01:42:36AM +0800, David Guo wrote:

[your lines should be wrapped at <79 chars]

> I have add some "feature" in the kernel to remote control it's reboot.
> When someone from a certain host trigger a certain port (like 24) for some times ,
> the machine will reboot, I use machine_restart(NULL), But after reboot the ext2fs
> will have some bad inode or so. Is there any way to do sync before reboot ?

Probably, yes. But wouldn't it be better to implement your feature as a
user-space daemon? Then it could just invoke shutdown(8).

--
Fortune: You will be attacked next Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. by six samuri
sword wielding purple fish glued to Harley-Davidson motorcycles.