Re: ISDN and the Latest Kernels ...

Mark Constable (markc@renta.net)
Wed, 12 May 1999 01:25:20 +0000

In article <fa.gtj4ugv.1pn8m0e@ifi.uio.no>,
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> > When is the latest isdn drivers and the latest kernel gonna' meet?
> > It's quite frustrating not being able to get decent isdn setup ...
> >
> > Ok, I'm calm now ;o)
>
> When the ISDN people send out a nice stable set to merge. Project timings
> dont always co-incide perfectly

And these two are from perfect. It's been over 3 months and still no
sign of anything usable without intense dicking around. It's all very
well to "stick it up the i4l developers because of their slackness"
but this fiasco is really hurting many other people out there.

Is there anyone on this list interested enough to at least try to get
a reasonably working late model 2.2 kernel then please make contact
with me personally. I have a 2.2.7 build that does work on one channel
but I have difficulty getting the other channel up. A little bit of
effort and there could at least be one publically available snapshot
for those who really _must_ have ISDN on top of other 2.2 goodies.

_Any_ intermediate solution is better than none at all.

--markc@renta.net