Re: xenix 286 emulation. Any hope at all?

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Tue, 11 May 1999 10:46:00 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Steve Glines wrote:

> I'm in the process of converting a client with a very old Altos. I had
> to go with SCO cause the 286 emulation was broke under Red Hat. Boy
> would it be nice if the good folks at RedHat made the effort to finish
> the 286 emulation. I know there would be lots of old Altos converts.

The "good folks at RedHat" have nothing to do with iBCS or x286emul.
The x286emul that originally came with iBCS was a proof of concept
by yours truely. It has since been fixed and enhanced by David
Bruce <admin@hulcote.com> and the version available from somewhere
on his web site is often newer than the version that comes with iBCS
(although I try to upgrade it occasionally).

Mike

--
    A train stops at a train station, a bus stops at a bus station.
    On my desk I have a work station...