Re: Problem with knfsd 1.3.

Thierry Danis (danis@mail.dotcom.fr)
Tue, 11 May 1999 00:37:32 +0200

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 12:11:30PM -0700, G. Allen Morris III wrote:
> Connectathon locking test 6.8 fails for both NFS and EXT2. I am
> using libc 2.1 (RH 6.0).

[...]

> > My bug is in the alpha glibc 2.1. knfsd 1.3 is ok for me.
> >

> > H.J.
>
> ---------------------------------
> G. Allen Morris III

So, it seems that glibc 2.1 has some problems preventing knfsd
and locking to work properly.
Unfortunately, since it seems on the other side that glibc 2.0.7
has trouble dealing with large netgroup NIS maps, causing kmountd
to loop while checking authorisation in 60% of the cases, I am
afraid that we have by now no reliable knfsd solution :-(

It is really a pity, since knfsd proved to be much more efficient
than unfsd (and we start a development project using a Linux NFS
server in 2 weeks time).

I just hope someone to prove that I am wrong !

A+,

--
	Thierry Danis