Re: ISDN and the Latest Kernels ...

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Mon, 10 May 1999 17:49:14 +0200

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 04:25:18PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> In article <19990510121610.A12316@uni-mainz.de>
> dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de wrote:
> >While we are at it: Anybody working on adding RFC1570 callback to Linux?
> >Right now we can do "Q.something" callback (by D-channel signaling) and
> >CBCP. But many companies run CISCO's for their secure communication (as
> >mine does) and they won't work with this. I browsed the ISDN4Linux archive
>
> It doesn't work with Cisco's? Curious. I _know_ that isdn4linux
> callback works fine with Ascends.

Well it may work with CISCO routers, but most definitely not with CISCO
access servers (a AS5200 in my case). Trying to get the correct image
that is supposed to work is a story in itself. So far i was told:

11.1 supported - but does not work
11.2 not supported
11.3 supported - should work (but in fact does not)
12.x not supported

Sigh!

Yours,
Dominik Kubla

--
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.  Any official