Re: what is the "best" RAID 5 scsi controller?

Eduardo Soriano (e_soriano@dapsys.ch)
Mon, 10 May 1999 10:59:29 +0200

The ASUS P2B-D/P2B-DS is using Adaptec 7890 AB Chipset managing SCSI disks up
to 68 pin U2 SCSI devices.

We are using this board with Linux 2.0.36 RedHat 5.2 for dual Pentium II systems.
No
problem to report but the clock interrupts which are handled in low priority and
thus
set the clock with a delay of 10 minutes/day. We solved this problem with hwclock

utility started each hour.

This board has no capabilities for RAID capabilities on.