Re: Overscheduling DOES happen with high web server load.

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Mon, 10 May 1999 15:13:48 +1000

Andrea Arcangeli writes:
> On Sat, 8 May 1999, Richard Gooch wrote:
>
> >Reducing the cost of goodness() will help a bit, but even the search
>
> You won't reduce the cost of goodness. You'll reduce the number of
> linear search every sec from 40000 to 4000.

I don't see how your comment relates to what I was saying. All I am
saying is that my patch will slightly reduce the cost of goodness()
and hence will speed up schedule() noticably when there are many
entries on the run queue. You seem to be somehow disagreeing with what
I said, but I don't know what you are specifically disagreeing with.
You seem to be talking about something completely different.

Regards,

Richard....