Re: New Partition Type

Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Sun, 09 May 1999 00:09:17 +0200

Tim Waugh wrote:
> Ahem. <URL:ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.2.7-tmw4.gz>
> does this.

Thanks for your quick reply: this was a new idea, I hadn't checked for
any patches before my post. I'll download the patch soon.

Are there any plans to include the patch in the main kernel?

> (And it isn't so obviously output only: the parallel port can do
> reverse transfers too, you know..)

The last time I checked my old Nec P6, it had no keyboard ;->

I'm looking for a _simple_ solution which we could send to a linux
end user who's computer is crashing without an oops report.

No special cables, no second computer, etc.

Regards,
Manfred