Re: 2.2.6 upgrade still searching for old modules [was Re: kernel 'bug']

Zack Brown (zbrown@lynx.neu.edu)
Sat, 8 May 1999 16:30:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm cc-ing the linux-kernel mailing list. You can find out more about
linux-kernel at

http://www.tux.org/lkml/

If I understand your problem correctly, it may be that you should add an
/etc/lilo.conf entry for the new kernel, and re-run lilo so the machine will
boot to the new kernel. But maybe someone at linux-kernel will be better
able to tell you what's going on.

When sending reports like this, you should also include more information
about your system. What hardware you're running, which distribution, etc.

Good luck,

Zack