Re: How to get usefull debugging info...

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 00:00:29 +0100

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 04:52:46PM -0400, kernel@duct.dhs.org wrote:

> I have a dual processor PII 350. I have been running it for a while with
> no trouble. Today however it locked up solid. This is something I have
> never seen in Linux. I have always gotten some error message or
> something. What I would like to know is what I can do to attempt to get
> usefull debugging info if this ever happens again.

Just a thought - if you compile in magic SysRq support (under Kernel Hacking
in the config, I think), then there's an option to dump the registers to the
console. If the keyboard driver is still working after the lockup, you might
at least be able to see where it had hung?

--
"Pascal is Pascal is Pascal is dog meat."
                -- M. Devine and P. Larson, Computer Science 340