Re: Problem: unresolved symbol is_binary already solved ?

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:42:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Detlef Michael wrote:
>
> > Is the problem with the unresolved symbol is_binary in msdos.o of
> > 2.2.6 as posted by shimonc@netvision.net.il
> > alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk already solved
>
> I have been trying to track down the cause of this unresolved symbol, but
> since I am a crap kernel hacker (everyone knows that 8) it's gonna take me
> some time. I probably will do a diff between 2.2.5 & 2.2.6 to find the
> problem, and post patches in here soon as I can.

Already done - see my reply to the same posting. Sorry for that - I missed
the fact that is_binary() is now called from msdos.o too and thus needs
exporting. Renamed to fat_is_binary, added into fatfs_syms.c and submitted
to Linus.