Re: The Deadly `ping -f'

Greg Zornetzer (gaz@andrew.cmu.edu)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:40:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Taneli Vahakangas wrote:
<SNIPPED>

> Then it must be both drivers ... I just tried ne2k-pci and couldn't
> reproduce the mysterious crashing, so this would hint towards 3c509 and
> eexpress being broken. BTW, 3c509 does not use 82586, but you probably
> already knew that.
>
> Do people with different NICs have problems in SMP configurations?
I tried to reproduce the problem with an SMP machine with a 3c590 that I
have access to, but since the other machines connected to the hub were old
macs (that just drop flood pings), I can't be totally sure that the test
was valid - in any case, multiple flood pings didn't cause a problem.

> Taneli <taneli@firmament.fi>

Greg Zornetzer - gaz+@andrew.cmu.edu
"Light shines brightest in the darkest night"
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gaz