Re: Limit of 6 IDE interfaces?

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Martin Mares wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > > The PCI standard explicitly says that IRQ's _are_ shared.
> >
> > Right, but some motherboard controllers are not completely PCI compliant.
>
> Do you know any such controller? I would happily include it in my
> database of buggy PCI devices :-)

I have a no-name motherboard, the driver complains that the controller is
not 100% PCI compliant but I am not using the IDE at all since the system
is all SCSI. I do not know if it will properly share an IRQ since I do not
have any IDE drives here at home to test it with.

I suppose I could drag it into the lab to test it. The only marking I can
find on the board is:

MS5120 VER:1

It uses a PIIX controller that complains on bootup about not being 100%
PCI.