Re: Linux ping flood on localhost

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:05:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >Well it certainly does not work that way on my system and I use
> >the so-called latest ping from net-tools-1.50.tar.gz. Over six
>
> The net-tools package does not include any `ping' program, let alone the
> latest version.
>
> p.

Wonder what this is?
Script started on Fri Apr 16 17:03:28 1999
# ls
COPYING arp.c hostname.o lib rarp.c statistics.c
ChangeLog arp.o ifconfig man rarp.o statistics.o
INSTALLING config.h ifconfig.c netstat route typescript
Makefile config.in ifconfig.o netstat.c route.c version.h
README config.status include netstat.o route.o
README.ipv6 configure.sh interface.c nls sockets.c
TODO hostname interface.h ping sockets.h
arp hostname.c interface.o rarp sockets.o
# exit
Script done on Fri Apr 16 17:03:36 1999

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.5 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).