Re: bad lmbench numbers for mmap

V Ganesh (ganesh@vxindia.veritas.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:36:17 +0530 (IST)

> From: Jakub Jelinek <jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
[snip]
> lmbench for a while, and I see it was a mistake. The mmap is clearly very
> bad, especially when 2.1.103 kernel on 167 MHz Ultra had mmap latency of
> 1505usec. I'll check what's going on. Anyway, we have a couple of new things

I don't think it's an ultra-specific problem then. if you could get 1505
out of a 167 MHz Ultra surely a 450 Mhz P2 must be much better. at any rate
it can't be as bad as 11600 which is the best I've got so far. something
must have changed in the generic mm layer.
(I'll mail you my results later).

ganesh