RE: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes

Landon Fuller (lfuller@real.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:34:05 -0700 (PDT)

My apologies then, I stepped in at a wrong time.
Replies follow...
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Riley Williams wrote:

Only was omitted :)
As far as distributing packages within, say, the kernel source, I would
have to put in a resounding no on my part. Otherwise, feel free to do with
it whatever anyone likes

I apologize for the vulgarity, perhaps I find it used so often here that I
spreads to my correspondence to others.

> Q> In my honest opinion, it is pure stupidity to insist on flaming
> Q> people left, right and centre (in the way that Alex did) simply
> Q> because one refuses to search the Internet for a version of the
> Q> software one is after that's packaged in a form one can use, as
> Q> Alex made extremely clear was his stance.
>
> Best wishes from Riley.

Remind me to look back before moving forward, I was mistaken in this
case. I have to agree that with all the flaming going about, the signal to
noise ratio is rather high.

have a good day,
l.f