Re: [ACLs] usefullness of ACLs in Linux (was [NEWS STORY] Crap on MSNBC)

Amaury JACQUOT (sxpert@multimania.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:37:18 +0200

Le mar, 06 avr 1999, Stefan Laudat a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 07:19:56PM +1200, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 03:09:29AM -0400, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:
> >
> > > G'day! <I keep thinking SMP and syslog. I don't know what THEY are
> > > thinking though.>
> >
> > Clustering (wolfpack style) and journaling file system I guess... let
> > not be too defensive. Linux is a great OS, but it can still be made
> > better.
> well, if Linux reached the state of "could be better" I guess Windows NT is in the "could be _totally_
> (re)projected/(re)programmed/refunded etc" :-X Of course, Linux lacks the DAC of NTFS but after all
> 3-level-ACLs and good chosen groups can make the (b-)job

Btw :
Is there a way to use ACls under Linux ?
This is a requirement for C2 (and above) clasification.
it would be fun to have C2 classification for linux...

Amaury JACQUOT

--
Ingénieur réseau Esitcom	Membre d'APRIL
Avoid software piracy, use FREE software.