Re: /dev/changer

Thomas E. Dodd /CSDC (ted@cypress.com)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:57:58 -0600

Jeroen Massar wrote:

> Description
> ~~~~~~~~~~~
> /dev/changer will allow you to mount all the cd's in your changer(s) at once.
> thus avoiding the hassle with scripts or other custom software.

Finally :)
I was just about to get a new drive because the changer was such a
hassle
to change slots on!

I look at this myself and got nowhere.

Has this been tested with the UDMA patch?
(It will be soon :)

> - It's a changer so you technically CAN'T access two slots at the same time.
> Thus whenever you spool two movies, one from slot 0 and the other from slot 3
> the /dev/changer code will keep swapping between them every request. It'll
> get very slow because of this.

I forget, what happens in M$ ?
I tried accessing 2 disks at one time
once or twice, but that was a while back.
I've since dropped M$ except for a
remote client at work :)

-Thomas