Re: softupdates and ext2

Mats Lofkvist (mal@algonet.se)
31 Mar 1999 20:07:31 +0200

<unknown@riverstyx.net> writes:

> If I'm not mistaken, you can mount your partitions with the 'sync' option.
> This should give you similar results, with a slight performance penalty.

It's more like a huge performance penalty, e.g. I've measured 80kbyte/s
writes which is close to a factor 100 slower than with async. Of course
it isn't a fair comparison since you do get safe data writes, but if what
you need is safe metadata and usable performance ext2fs doesn't have it.

_
Mats Lofkvist
mal@algonet.se