Re: fstab file.

Ray Olszewski (ray@comarre.com)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:04:49 -0800

No Linux distribution I'm familiar with requires specific /dev entries for
specific mount points. Certainly not Red Hat. So that's not it.

You say you ran fdisk manually. Did you also run mke2fs (maybe mkfs.ext2 on
your system) manually on the filesystems and mkswap on the swap partition?
If not, you have partitions but no filesystems on them, and that could cause
the error you describe getting.

If that's not it, try posting your /etc/fstab file AND the output of an
fdisk partition check ("p" when fdisk is running). Can you mount the
partitions by hand from the command line?