Re: Problems with mmap/munmap under 2.2.[3-5ac1]

Adrian Bridgett (adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:31:00 +0000

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 12:00:10AM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, German Jose Gomez Garcia wrote:
>
> > I'm using GNU Libc-2.1 and egcs, but everything was right with
> > the same configuration under 2.2.1 (I've not tested it on 2.2.2), is it
> > a new feature which requires some changes in the code or is it a bug in
> > those programs?

I've seen problems with using dynamic SOCKS (runsocks, socksify etc) using
Debian potato - glibc2.1. A strace shows the segfault after a munmap,
however IIRC setting the LD_PRELOAD manually and ltracing reveals something
in gethostbyname.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices -=- use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org