Re: `Out of memory for cc1' in linux-2.2.4

Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 02:12:23 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 06:20:15 +0000 (GMT), Nix <nix@esperi.demon.co.uk>
said:

> Stephen C. Tweedie writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 24 Mar 1999 20:47:03 +0000, Nix <nix@esperi.demon.co.uk> said:
>>
>> > FWIW I've had the same symptoms with a stock 2.2.3 kernel.
>>
>> Including the "put_dirty_page" messages?

> If my memory serves, then yes, including those messages.

It would be very useful if you could confirm this by a quick check
through the logs. This is a "this-can't-possibly-happen" type of
message and confirming it on two different kernels would be of great
help. Which compiler did you use to build the kernel, btw?

--Stephen