Re: smbfs still timing out

brent verner (brent@linux1.org)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 01:14:02 -0500

around line 620 in client/clientutil.c change

pstrcpy( smb_login_passwd );
pstrcpy( password, pass );

smb_login_passwd does not appear anywhere else,
so i assume this to be a very safe little hack.

attaching gdb shows that password and got_pass
are both good (when password is entered at Password:
prompt) in the forked smbmount. everything
looks good for it to reconnect properly.

brent waiting-for-NT-to-close-the-socket-so-i-can-see-
if-this-hack-worked verner

[BTW, the reason i was able to reconnect w/o problems
(the 20+hours) is that there was a NULL password.]

\  _|_  /   GNU
 \/ | \/ Certified
  \_|_/ Professional
   \ /     Linux