Re: GNU/Linux stance by Richard Stallman

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
27 Mar 1999 10:49:36 -0800

In article <linux.kernel.199903262327.SAA03824@rushlight.kf8nh.apk.net>,
Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery@kf8nh.apk.net> wrote:
>In message <19990326113153.A29659@anjala.mit.edu>, Arvind Sankar writes:
>+-----
>| On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 10:59:01AM -0500, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
>| > Check out /bin/false sometime. It is almost 100% bloat.
>|
>| well, its a 395 byte shell script that does the same thing as exit 1,
>| but it's cute :) Surely you want to know the version of your lies... :)
>+--->8
>
>Never mind /bin/false; the original /bin/true was an *empty file*.

Which als works on Linux (at least for me, on Mastodon; I just
stripped out 56 bytes of unneeded bloat by trying `sync > /bin/true')

____
david parsons \bi/ Are zero-byte executables offtopic for the kernel
\/ mailing list?