Re: your mail

Y2K (y2k@y2ker.com)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:45:00 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, root of all evil wrote:

> I submit the following for your approval:
Look at Richard Gooch's dev file system. It might actually be part of the
normal kernel some day. It basicly does what you want it to do. Overcome
limitations of the assignment of Major Numbers. It also has some other
useful features.
> Solution:
> I have modified the /proc file system to support block and character device
> inode entries. The module now has two routines to instantiate a driver inode
> into the /proc/dev/ directory structure:
PS I believe Richard is the one working on the dev fs, but you should take
that with a shaker of salt.