Re: kmod or ppa problem?

Cody Pisto (cpisto@flash.net)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:21:25 -0700

Sorry about the confusion, I have a cron job that removes the unused
modules. and I have scsi disk support (sd) compiled into the kernel not
as a module.

output of lsmod after 'mount /zip' on a fresh reboot
~#lsmod
Module Size Used by
parport_pc 4980 1 (autoclean)
ppa 9040 0 (unused)
parport 7028 1 [parport_pc ppa]
ppp_deflate 40548 1 (autoclean)
ppp 18316 2 (autoclean) [ppp_deflate]
slhc 4328 1 (autoclean) [ppp]
3c59x 18856 1 (autoclean)
ip_masq_user 2312 0 (unused)
ip_masq_vdolive 1072 0 (unused)
ip_masq_raudio 2736 0 (unused)
ip_masq_quake 1092 0 (unused)
ip_masq_irc 1520 0 (unused)
ip_masq_ftp 2352 0
ip_masq_cuseeme 816 0 (unused)

then the cron removes the unused modules

here is proc/devices right after above
cat /proc/devices
Character devices:
1 mem
2 pty
3 ttyp
4 ttyS
5 cua
7 vcs
10 misc
21 sg
29 fb

Block devices:
2 fd
3 ide0
8 sd
22 ide1

and here it is after unloading of the modules
cat /proc/devices
Character devices:
1 mem
2 pty