Re: 2.2.4 bug

Nicholas Ewing Seafort (seafort@yo.fuh-q.org)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:38:36 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Nicholas Ewing Seafort wrote:

> Issue is this. I run updatedb, wait, grab a beer, write a novel, then run
> a locate command (locate tcl is the one I did as an experiment), it finds
> one file then dumps core. Doing the same thing under 2.2.3 works fine.
>
> Hope someone knows how to fix since I have no idea.

Ok, thanks to some suggestions (thanks Rob, Henning, Mike, and the members
of the glibc-linux list though they don't know it), I've managed to get
things working again. The findutils I'm running are libc5 based, my
system is (mostly) glibc2 based now. for some reason that libc5 version
would not work under 2.2.4. Grabbed new copy of findutils from
rawhide.redhat.com, compiled, it works.

I'm still not sure why it died between 2.2.3 and 2.2.4, but for now I can
be happy again.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Nick