Re: Pentium II and SMP only????

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:11:14 +1100 (EST)

Chris Bowlby wrote the following:

> Why is it I need to compile in SMP support before I can get the kernel to
> compile under a Pnetium II chipset? Kinda seems odd....I don't even have
> an SMP based motherboard, it is a single chip board only.

You don't. A friend of mine had a problem with 2.2.2 that meant it
would only compile with SMP. If you're running this (or trying to)
upgrade to 2.2.4.

In the future it helps to state what versionof the kernel you're
running. :)

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

An electricity provider of New Hampshire, US has advised it's customers that in the event of a power failure they can log on to its website for more information... - Paraphrased from the New Scientist, Feb 6, 1999