Re: lots of 2.2.4 oopses

Tim (hairballmt@mcn.net)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:25:03 -0700

Alex Buell wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > Is everyone who is having 2.2.4 crash on them using egcs ?
>
> I'm using 2.2.4 with egcs-1.1.2. I've not met any OOPS yet (machine is
> under heavy load at the moment - compiling some GNOME crap) If I do see an
> OOPS, I will let you know.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Also using 2.2.4 with egcs and glibc-2.1.1 (i486) without any oops.
Compiling everything else to find out why GNOME won't. >-P Seems to
feel a tad slower than 2.2.3: ie window movement is jerkier in X. (This
is with Linus' buf->b_count = 0 patch) Keep up the great work!

- Tim

--
  For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit
within him?  In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except