Re: Piggyback or line discipline, and how?

Morten Norman (marten.norman@intertex.se)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:47:09 +0100

At 15:37 1999-03-24 +0000, you wrote:
>Why does it need a driver - why not use a pty/tty pair and sit in
>the middle ?

You may have a good point. Is this what you suggest:

Modem
using
special <-> "serial.o" <-(1)-> pty/tty #1 <-(2)-+
protocol !
My special
modem
"driver"
^
ppp, !
whatever

If so, I just need to learn how to create a pty/tty pair, and how to make
the connections (1)..(4) in the figure above. Any pointer to such info
is appreciated. "man pty" gave me no help.

Yes, I'm completely ignorant in the pty/tty, field. But I'll learn fast. ;-)

Thanks

Morten Norman