Re: Apparent success with 2.2.3 and -march=pentium with egcs-1.1.2

Jon (LordShroom@hempseed.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:35:37 -0800

I am running 2.2.3 with -06 -march=pentiumpro -pentiumpro with no
problems for about a week now
compiled with pgcc-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
netscape seems to hang and suck my wimpy MediaGXm's cpu more often
though.
and kpm (kde's process manager) seg faults at startup now. but that is
probably not the kernels' fault.
BTW, does -march=pentiumpro and -pentiumpro mean the same thing?
serving samba, dhcp, ip masquerading,http & all the basic services
flawlessly.