Re: Problem with aic7xxx

Gregory T. Norris (haphazard@socket.net)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:48:15 -0600

Hi, I'm the maintainer of the unofficial Debian aic7xxx install-disks.
At this point, I've had several people report problems with aic7xxx and
the Debian 2.1 install... generally that it hangs just after the
"Downloading sequencer code... ### instructions downloaded" message.
I've received some information which seems to indicate that driver
version 5.1.10 is the last "good" version (the official diskset contains
version 5.1.11), and so I'm putting together a new diskset with the
driver downgraded to that level. It should be available in an hour or
so at "http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/slink/".

If this allows you to get your system installed, please send me the full
contents of everything under /proc/scsi, as well as anything else that
seems relevant to your SCSI configuration (adapter BIOS version, adapter
model, etc.). I'm trying to get the relevant information together for
forwarding to the aic7xxx mailing-list.